DU SOL Admission Procedure 2021: Check Eligibility Criteria, Admission Date, Required Cut Offs Here
The School of Open Learning of the University of Delhi is set to start the admission process for the academic year 2021-2022 and it is expected to start soon, maybe by the end of October 2021.
Students can easily get complete information related to the DU SOL admission process using the official website of DU SOL. The soaring cut-offs of Delhi University regular colleges have gone to 100%, therefore, the students want to take admission to their desired UG courses from DU SOL as the degree provided by the institution is as equivalent as regular colleges. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the admission process is delayed by several months. The students were waiting for the official release for the admission process.
However, the admission process including forms and notifications regarding admission has been uploaded by the university on its official website that is sol.du.ac.in, but many questions arise in the mind of students like what is the registration date, DU SOL eligibility process, the procedure of application, etc. Now, check out some important topics and questions asked by students and their respective answers. It will help students to know more about the admission process.
Registration dates for DU SOL Admission 2021
The admission and registration date has not been announced yet. The admission date is likely to start from the last week of October 2021 for various UG courses but there is no official confirmation is released on the website.
What are the Courses Offered by the School of Open Learning, University of Delhi?
The School of Open Learning provides various UG and PG courses. There is a total of 5 UG and PG courses provided by the University.
The top courses provided by the institution are:
- B.A Prog
- B.A English (Hons)
- B.A Political Science (Hons)
- B.Com Programme
- B.Com (Hons)
Eligibility Criteria for taking admission to DU SOL Admissions to UG Courses
The eligibility criteria for several UG courses are described below:
1. B.A Programme/B.Com: In order to get admission to B.Com or B. In a Programme, students need at least 40% marks in aggregate in his/her qualifying examinations in the best 4 subjects.
2. B.A English (Hons): Candidates must have secured at least 65% aggregate marks in/her class 12th examination with at least 75% and 65% in English core and elective subjects.
3. B.Com (Hons): Students should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate in the senior secondary examination. Alternatively, a student must have secured 60% marks or above in a vocational subject.
4. B.A Political Science (Hons): Students must have secured at least 50% marks in any of the qualifying examinations needed to get admission.
What are the Cut-off Requirements for Admission to DU SOL?
No specific cut-off marks are required for taking admission to DU SOL. The only requirement for taking admission to UG courses is passing criteria with the required percentage of marks.
The fee structure is very low as compared to other universities. Students can check the same using the official webpage of the DU SOL web page. For many UG courses, the course fee is around 4000 INR with registration fees and other charges related to study material and ID cards. Apart from the course fee, students need to submit a registration fee of 500 INR.
Procedure of Admission
The complete procedure is mentioned on the university website. Students have to visit the web portal of Delhi University:
- First of all, you need to visit the official webpage of the university.
- Hit the New Registration section.
- Complete your registration by entering some details.
- Type your user name and password.
- Choose the course you want to study.
- Upload Documents and pay the requisite fee.
- Complete admission process by abiding by the on-screen directions.