The Bcom is a 3-year undergraduate course that is done only after the compilation of 12th boards. The school of open learning proceeds the admission process every year by setting certain eligibility criteria, aspirants should fulfill and be allowed to move forward for their admission into DU SOL’s B.Com course.
Delhi University School of Open Learning is one of the most prestigious and well-known educational institutes which offers the best B.Com or Bachelors of Commerce courses within India and also for foreign students. Every year more than a lakh students register themselves at DU SOL’s official website for admissions in DU SOL campus. For taking admissions into B.Com, in the department of commerce. Candidates should first register themselves to the registration part and cross the eligibility criteria of B.Com which is set by the commerce admission committee. Read in detail to know about the course features, admission procedure, eligibility criteria, and much more related information about the Bachelors of Commerce course.
What is DU SOL’s B.Com Course?
Bachelors in Commerce is an undergraduate course that offers a conceptual study in Accounting, Economics, Business Law, Taxation, Management, Insurance, and much more. B.Com is a 3-year undergraduate program. Students who want to make their career in the field of commerce, finance or money monetary world, or want to open the doors in such other careers opportunities in such following department like, Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost Auditing, Management, Banking, Finance, Indian Reserve Banks, Income Tax, Cost and Work Accountancy (CWA), Insurance and other government as well as private corporate world, they can pick this B.Com course in their undergraduate study. Commerce background aids in the stage for a successful career for a person.
Delhi University School of Open Learning offers two different commerce courses at the undergraduate level such as B.Com (Honors) and B.Com Programme. Both are the same course that imparts knowledge related to the business commerce world but the only difference in both the courses are their curriculum and the manner of subjects. Though both the courses give you immense opportunities to make your career in the finance and banking world. Bachelor in Commerce is a huge career to make in. The employment rate is high as compared to other fields, sectors, or industries. B.Com remains one of the perfect choices after completion of the 10+2 class. Despite the rush for management, programs students can also continue their studies in the field of management. B.Com gives you a ground-level of study at the graduation level, after pursuing this bachelor’s course. A student can opt MBA (Masters in Business Administration) and Financial Management course at a higher post graduation level. B.Com degree gives a solid root foundation in the core of financial way.
DU SOL B.Com Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are laid down by the university’s admission team of commerce. This criterion is consist of some basic requirement that will be filled only by the aspirants: Also Read : DU SOL B.Com Admission Procedure.
(candidates) , who are applying for this B.Com undergraduate course.
- The student must be a citizen of India, if not, then they should show their passport and another international residency to take admission in the category of foreign students.
- The student should have passed their class 12th board examination.
- Students should have passed in each subject of their qualifying 12th board examination individually.
- There is no age limit has been mentioned for the admission to take in B.Com programme course at DU SOL. Aspirants from any community, gender, the standard can take admission to this commerce course and make their career.
- An average of 45% or above marks in the 12th boards of examination are required to take admission in DU SOL’ B.Com course.
- Aspirants must have studied and passed in these subjects in their 12th board, especially Mathematics, Business Studies, English / Hindi.
- Aspirants would be selected or being judged by their obtained marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should include three best commerce subjects such Mathematics, Accountancy, Economics and one language (Hindi/ English).
- Students who belong under the reserved category (Schedule Caste (SC)/ Schedule Tribe (ST)/ Other backward Class (OBC)/ Economical Weaker Section (EWS)/ Person With Disability (PWD), could attach their caste certificates to take admission in DU SOL’s B.Com undergraduate course.
- A science stream student can also take admission in the B.Com course, though they must have studied mathematics and one language in their stream. Only by this, they are eligible to take admission in the DU SOL commerce department.
Also Read : Du Sol admission 2021 last date
DU SOL B.Com Syllabus
Candidates who can opt for B.Com at their graduation level they can go through with this below-mentioned syllabus to study. These are the topics that impart a student a fair knowledge of units and topics that are covered in this B.Com course. Some are the topics, subjects, or papers of the Bachelor of Commerce syllabus are mentioned below. Have a look and know about the curriculum structure of the B.Com course.
Syllabus for 1 st year (1 & 2 Semester)
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Financial Accounting||Elective subject, Principles of Macroeconomics or Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Markets|
|Study one language (Hindi/English/ Modern Indian Language)||General Elective Courses such as Principles of Microeconomics or New Venture Planning|
|Business Organization & Management||Business Laws & Ethics|
|Business Mathematics & Statistics||Environmental Studies|
Syllabus for 2nd year (3 & 4 Semester)
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Income Tax Laws||Banking Insurance|
|Business Strategies||Financial Analysis and Reporting|
|Business and Management Communication||National and International Business laws|
|Indian and Central Banking Study||Elective Subjects|
Syllabus for 3rd year ( 5 & 6 Semester)
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Auditing and Corporate Governance||Principles of Marketing or Training and Development|
|Business Communication||Cost Accounting|
|International Business, Consumer Affairs, Customer Care, Organizational Behavior||Fundamentals of Management and Secretarial Practice.|
|Management Accounting||Computer Applications in Business or Adverting, etc.|
How to fill DUSOL B.Com Application Form
Aspirants who are applying or enrolling themselves for admission in Delhi University School of Open Learning’s B.Com Department will know how to fill an application form for the same and things they need to know and carry while filling up their details in the DUSOL admission form.
Also Read : Du Sol Admission Help.
DU SOL Undergraduate Application Form Main Dates 2024
These are the essential dates that a student must know about the sol admission in undergraduate courses.
- DU SOL Admission Notification 2021 – October 22, 2021
- Online registration starts from – October 22, 2021
- The last date of registration/ fill the application form- December 15, 2021
Documents a student needs while filling the application form 2024
Aspirants should keep these below-mentioned documents ready before they start filling the DU SOL admission application form for the Bcom course in an online mode. Student’s active email id and registered mobile number to receive the confirmation mail or generate OTP after filling the registration form at the first stage.
- A scanned recent passport size photograph of a student.
- Prepare a scanned copy of the student’s signature.
- Self-attested copy of 10th board mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Self-attested copy of 12th board mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Scanned copy of migration certificate, if a student is applying from different other boards apart from Delhi-NCR such as Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, NIOS or etc. The certificate a student can get from their respective educational board.
- Self-attested copy of caste certificate, if a candidate belongs from these mentioned categories they must attach their belonging certificate in their application form. (Schedule Caste (SC)/ Schedule Tribe (ST)/ Person With Disability (PWD)/ Other Backward Class (OBC), or etc.
- If a candidate applies from the Economical Weaker Section, they need to show or attach their AAY/BPL ration card under financial assistance.
- Original Income certificate for the concession of the application fee for the B.Com or other courses.
How To Fill DU SOL B.Com Application Form
Candidates who want to take admission in B.Com course, they can take admission to DU SOL by following the admission procedure and steps while filling the application form of B.Com DU SOL:
- Visit to the official website of the DU SOL portal (https://sol.du.ac.in/ )
- Search the registration form and register by mentioning your personal details, followed by filling the, Student’s name, active email id, registered mobile number, and other related basic information.
- Then student need to submit some amount of payment as in the form of registration fees. The registration fee is different for reserved and unreserved categories.
- Rs 500 would be paid by the unserved category (General Category), and half of this amount that is Rs 250 would be paid by the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- Once completed the registration part, students need to move further for the second part of the application admission form 2021.
- Aspirants will receive the confirmation email on their given active email address and a message on their active contact number.
- Now in the application form a student need to fill their academic and personal details which are required.
- Now students will upload the prescribed documents on the uploading box or section.
- Once mentioning all the details and uploading the documents. Now a student can submit their application form. It is advisable for the student to check all the filled information again before submitting it to the final stage.
- And the final last step, students submit the application course fee. The course/ admission fee varies for different courses.
- Once done with all the steps of application form. Student can click on the final submit button.
- Student can download the confirmation slip or PDF of the Bcom application form. Keep a copy of application form for future references at the time of classes.